|In Attendance:||Emi Vishoot, Patty Salvatore, Terry Miller, Bob Price, Bob Dickenson, Glenn Purdy, Rick Laskey, Jeff Belmonte, Al Herbert, Steve DiBacco, Keith Burke, Steve Donahue|
|Guests:||Eric Granger and Linda Logan from the Greater Columbus Convention Center (GCCC)|
|Absent were:||Shelly LeMaster, Leigh Washburne, Pam Washburne, Tom Kohl, Ron Wyzynski, Bill Zehler, Michelle Fox|
Election Results: Elected to the Board: Troy Dixon. Re-elected: Emi Vishoot, Patty Salvatore, Steve Donahue, Leigh Washburne. The Board discussed ways to increase election participation.
Eric Granger welcomed the Board and the Tournament to the GCCC. Linda Logan discussed a variety of specific details about the tournament. One item was that the Dominican Republic team wanted a Spanish-speaking liaison assigned to them for the duration of the tournament.
Joe Sharpless, Division Vice Pres for National Championships, visited the Board meeting
- Thanked us for hosting the event and felt things were running smoothly
- Largest tournament size ever, with 523 teams and 2416 matches
- Tournament is dedicated to John Ketchum
Men's Tournament Director concerns
- Addressed comments and complaints about 1) timeliness of getting info to the OVR website (seeding, tournament results, OVR-hosted tournament info) and 2) criteria for moving teams up.
Women's Tournament Director: Micki Fox was re-elected
Referees' Chair: Rick Laskey was re-elected.
Junior Officials Development Coordinator: Al Herbert was elected.
Region compensation to teams for Opens
- Due to minimal travel expense and the cost associated with hosting the Open Championships, the Region will not provide compensation to teams
Meeting adjourned at 4:30 pm.