Of related interest
The OVR position on tournament locations affected by weather conditions is as follows:
- Tournament directors' contracts with the facilities they are using should include policy for weather-related cancellations.
- Tournament directors should make a timely decision and notify club directors, coaches, and officials of any change to a tournament's status.
- If a tournament site is in a location where the local authorities have issued a "no travel" order, the tournament director shall honor that request and cancel the tournament.
- A team which originates in a county of a "no travel" order and not in attendance at a tournament with no travel restrictions will be given a full refund of its entry fee.
- Tournament directors can post cancellations due to weather (or for other reasons) on the OVR website. Cancellation notices appear on the tournament schedule and on the OVR home page. Members should not contact the OVR for information on cancellation of tournaments that are OVR-sanctioned but not OVR-hosted.