OVR Board of Directors Elections Are Open
The Board of Directors is composed of fifteen adult members elected from the adult membership. There are five open positions each year. The elections will be open until the end of Sunday, May 21, 2018.
The 2018 elections will be held online. To vote, please start on the OVR website. In the top middle of the page you will see the "Member Login" link. Click on that and go to the bottom of the page. Log in with your OVR Username and Password. This is NOT your Webpoint Username (typically your email address). Your OVR Username is typically the initial of your first name followed by your last name and then a digit (like: aherbert2). If you do not know your OVR Username and/or password, send an email to: Herbert@ovr.org and include your legal name and date of birth. We will send an email back with your OVR sername and an initial password.
Once you are logged into the OVR site, instead of the "Member Login" link in the top middle, you will now see a new link: "My Account". Click on that. Near the bottom of this page you will see an "Elections" heading with a link to the ballot. You can only vote once. After you have voted, you will no longer see the link to the ballot.
Voting is only open to adult OVR members with full memberships. This includes club directors, coaches, officials, tournament directors, adult players, etc. Adults with "OUTDOOR ONLY" memberships and juniors cannot vote. If you have any problems with the process, please send an email to: Herbert@ovr.org.
There is a mail-in option. Here is a copy of the mail-in ballot.
Board of Directors elected in 2018 will assume office on June 1, 2018 for a three-year term ending May 31, 2021.
Duties shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings, and any special meetings that may be necessary for the functioning of the OVR, Inc. Meetings are held in June, October, and January and added as needed.
- Provide to the Commissioner advance notice of non-attendance of Board meetings and events.A Director may be removed for non-attendance at Board of Directors meetings for two consecutive absences without advanced notification/approval from the Commissioner/President, whether or not a new term of office is being assumed.
- Serve as appointed officers, or chairpersons of committees, divisions, or subdivisions of the Corporation.
- Determine Delegates to the National Assembly.
- Participate in the operation of the Adult Regional and/or Junior Regional Championships (e.g. court manager, site managers, set up/take down crew, etc.).
- Approve the budget for each officer or staff position.