(board members listed in boldface)
|Present:||Ron Wyzynski, Bob Price, Keith Burke, Don Burroughs, Troy Dixon, Steve Donahue, Art Faura, Michelle Fox, Brian Hemelgarn, Al Herbert, Tom Kohl, Jimmy McKinzey, Terry Miller, Nick Nystrom, Glenn Purdy, Barb Strome, Elaine Viney, Emi Vishoot, Bill Zehler|
|Not present:||Bob Dickenson, Patty Salvatore|
Executive Director's Report – Ron Wyzynski
- The 2004 OVR retreat will be held at Mohican State Park, over the nights of August 12, 13, and 14.
- The 2005 OVR retreat will be held at Maumee Bay.
- The OVR is in a fiscally strong position, continuing its tradition of conservative expenditures (salaries $13k/month on a $1M/year operating budget).
December 6 Clinics at Westerville – Bob Price
- Professional Officials' Clinic: Registration at 8. Begins at 9.
- ASEP: changed to 8:30-12:30
- IMPACT: changed from 9-1 to 1:30-5:30 to accommodate officials who would like to attend
- Club Directors'/Tournament Directors' Meetings
- 1:30, after each officials' clinic.
- Ron, Bob, Nick, and Barb will be present at Westerville to make brief presentations.
- Non-attendance puts clubs on probation this year.
- Non-attendance next season would result in a $100/team penalty.
Men's and Women's Tournaments – Keith Burke
- The tournament schedule is online now. Regionals will be held on 4/18, with a coed event on 4/17.
Bid Tournament – Al Herbert, Tom Kohl, and Art Faura
- Setup begins on Thursday, April 15.
- The tournament will consist of 4-team pools on the morning of the first day, repooled to 3-team pools for the afternoon. Only winners of 3-team pools continue. Everyone gets a 5-match tournament. 12 teams for each of the older divisions compete in a single-elimination tournament on Sunday. 12s and 13s compete only on Saturday.
- Bob will arrange hotels for officials.
- Officials will be provided with lunch only, both days. Bob will negotiate breakfast at the hotel.
- The tournament entry fee will be $175 for 12s and 13s (1 day), $250 for others (potentially 2 days).
Juniors' Championships – Bill Zehler
- May 1: Bob secured Liberty (4 courts), Olentangy (4 courts), Pickerington North (4 courts), Pickerington Central (4 courts), Reynoldsburg (4 courts), and Westerville South (4 courts), and he can get 2 additional courts if necessary. Bob will meet with site managers at the Radisson on Friday at 8PM.
- May 6, 7: setup dates at the Convention Center, 36 courts.
- May 8, 9: Meals for officials include Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus Sunday lunch.
- Second weekend: starting at 6:30 on Friday; Ron will look into meal tickets.
Charleston Tournament – Al Herbert
- The entry fee will be $135.
Junior Officials' Development Program – Barb Strome
- No offers for "playdates" have been received yet; Barb will contact club directors.
- The board approved an $5,000 increase in the salary of the Executive Director/CEO to $35,000.
Next Board Meeting
- Monday, January 19, 2004 9:00 AM at the Ramada Inn, Kent, Ohio.