Of related interest
OVR Archives: 2020-2021 Season
OVR-Kaepa® USA Juniors' Tournament Schedule 2021
March 27 - March 28, 2021
Buckeye Volleyball Center - Columbus, Columbus, OH
[OVR officials, club directors, assistant directors, coaches, and staff: log in for complete contact information.]
Buckeye Volleyball Center - Columbus
6810 Oak Creek Drive
Columbus, OH 43229
Ramada Columbus North
- Directly behind Buckeye Volleyball Center
- Newly renovated in 2011
- Free hot breakfast
- In-room microwave and fridge
- Ask for the OVR rate of $59.95!
- Complete information is available on the the hotel's website
To make reservations or for additional information, call 614‑890‑8111
2021 Buckeye Volleyball Tournament
Entry Fee: $225
Payable to: Buckeye Volleyball Club
Mail to: Buckeye Volleyball Club
6810 Oak Creek Dr
Columbus, OH 43229
Registration Requirements: Send team code, entry fee & coach's contact BY JANUARY 15, 2021.
Thank you for your interest in our tournament! Team rosters will be downloaded from the OVR website the week of the tournament.
Please make sure your coach is IMPACT, SafeSport and Concussion certified. Coaches who do have have completed certifications will not be allowed to coach per OVR Rules.
Cancellation Policy: Per OVR regulations- a team canceling after the entry deadline, 14 days prior to the tournament date, will forfeit its entry fee. A team canceling does not forfeit its full entry fee if a replacement is found. A team canceling from this tournament to enter a different tournament will forfeit its entry fee.
1. Buckeye Volleyball will allow all rostered athletes.
2. Coaches will receive 4 wristbands at the 7:15 AM check-in. If the team has 1 coach, they are able to give the remaining 3 wristbands to parents, chaperones, helpers, etc. If the team has two coaches, they are able to give the remaining 2 wristbands. Please hand these out immediately to those attending.
3. ALL NON-ROSTERED ADULTS CANNOT ENTER THE BUILDING UNTIL 7:45 AM.
4. Coaches are required to turn names and contact info (email/phone number) for any non-rostered adults that are attending the tournament at check-in.
5. If parents are dropping off, please don’t have them flood the parking lot. Parking is very tight in the main lot. Please read parking information at the bottom of the page.
Directors - please communicate these limitations to your parents so there are no surprises on match day. Thanks for your compliance and understanding.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED.
Doors Open for Coaches/rostered Covid Coordinators check-in: 7:15 am (EST)
Doors Open (Non-rostered adults): 7:45 am (EST)
Coaches' Meeting: 8:00 am (EST)
Tournament Start Time: 8:30 am (EST)
Warm-up volleyballs are provided.
Concessions: A small concession with reasonable prices will be provided at the tournament site. Outside food is NOT allowed. Players are allowed to bring a small personal sack lunch and snacks.
Coolers and Food: Keep all coolers in cars. Coolers (including soft sided) are prohibited in and outside facilities hosting OVR-sanctioned events. Setting up tables and/or cooking by teams or their support staff, fans, coaches, or parents are prohibited at OVR-sanctioned events. Tournament directors and site managers do not have the discretion to grant permission. Tournament directors can permit teams to bring food into a designated area of the tournament facility. Some facilities do not permit outside food to be brought in to a tournament site. If a club does not comply amicably with a tournament director's or site director's request, an Incident Report will be sent to Bob Price, OVR Commissioner, resulting in up to a $250 fine and a team/club suspension.
Seating/Team Camp: Seating is not provided. Adults will need to bring their own chairs. Team Camp will be assigned on center court.
Pool Play Schedule:
1 vs 3 (2)
2 vs 4 (1)
1 vs 4 (3)
2 vs 3 (1)
3 vs 4 (2)
1 vs 2 (4)
*( ) officiating team
Pool pay is the best of three sets with rally scoring. Each non-deciding set will be to 25 points with a minimum two-point advantage(no scoring cap).
The deciding set, if needed will be to 15 points with a minimum two point advantage(no scoring cap).
Awards: T-shirts will be awarded to Gold Playoff Bracket winner
Parking Information: Buckeye Volleyball Center-Columbus
- Buckeye Volleyball Center holds around 50 cars.
- Parking in from of dumpster is for Officials only! It will be coned off.
- Parking on the far north end of the parking lot is for Buckeye helpers!
- Additional parking is at the Ramada Inn North 2 blocks away
- You can park on the westside of Oak Creek Dr, do not block driveways.
- DO NOT PARK IN ANY BUSINESS ON OAK CREEK DR, THEY WILL TOW!
- DO NOT PARK ON THE GRASS! THAT IS PRIVATE PROPERTY!!
Weather Related Cancellations/Delays: If Franklin County issues a Level 3 Emergency, the tournament will be cancelled. A notice will be displayed at the OVR Junior Tournament list. Club directors and/or coaches and officials will be contacted by phone or email as soon as possible. Entry fees will be returned.
If you have any questions please e-mail email@example.com prior to the entry Buckeye Volleyball Center.
Note: OVR rankings appearing in the following listings are intended only as a helpful tool for tournament directors. They are subject to frequent change, including after the pools are set, and other factors may also be considered when determining pools and order of play.
|Girls' 17 Regional: 4 courts (filled)|
No points shall be awarded for OVR Championships or tournaments following the OVR Championships. [OVR Juniors' Seeding System]
Officials [Hired officials: sign in for more information]
The officials' assigner for this event is Lauren Kundla (firstname.lastname@example.org, 614‑397‑0056 /h, 614‑891‑4022 /w, 614‑397‑0056 /m).
- (hired) : Head Official
- (hired) : Head Official