Of related interest
OVR Archives: 2020-2021 Season
OVR-Kaepa® USA Juniors' Tournament Schedule 2021
Sunday, March 28, 2021
East Palestine HS, East Palestine, OH
[OVR officials, club directors, assistant directors, coaches, and staff: log in for complete contact information.]
East Palestine HS
360 W. Grant St.
East Palestine, OH 44413
Based on the Addendum to Director's Order from the Ohio Department of Health (dated March 2nd, 2021), we are now allowed to have
25% of indoor seating capacity. Therefore, we can now allow up to two (2) spectators per player.
Please remember that there is a $5 Admission Fee for all spectators.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms prior to your arrival, PLEASE STAY HOME:
· Fever or Chills
· Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
· Muscle or Body Aches
· New Loss of taste or smell
· Sore throat
· Congestion or runny nose
· Nausea or vomiting
If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please adhere to recommended guidelines for quarantining.
East Palestine HS Tournament Protocols :
· Spectators are limited to one (1) parent per player. $5 Admission Fee for spectators (age 19 or over).
· One (1) head coach, one (1) assistant coach, and one (1) Covid Parent will be allowed free entry per team.
· Social distancing will be enforced at all times for non-family members.
· Everyone must wear a mask at all times. You will be asked to leave if non-compliant.
· Players may remove masks when on the court, but must have them on while on the side lines or while being on the work team. Coaches and refs must wear masks at all times.
· There will be no camping areas in the hallways.
· Teams will bring their own warm-up balls, ball carts, electronic whistles, and pens/pencils for scoring.
· Game balls, scoring table, and chairs will be sanitized between matches. Teams will play all games on the same side of the net. There will be no pre-game or post-game handshakes or high-fives.
· Spectators will be separated from the next group by at least six feet in each direction.
· Signage will be provided concerning hygiene, physical separation, and face coverings.
· There will be frequent cleaning of high-touch areas, including railings, door knobs, and restrooms.
· Hand sanitizer will be provided throughout the venue.
· Any person with symptoms consistent with COVID-19 will be advised to return home.
· Each team will have an assigned Covid Coordinator Parent to help monitor/ensure social distancing and face coverings for their team.
· There will be no sharing of towels, face coverings, water bottles, other sports drinks, or food.
· No outside chairs allowed.
· There will be an on-site concession stand.
· Doors open at 7:00AM. Coaches meeting in HS gym at 7:30AM. First match at 8:00AM.
NOTE: All teams advance to play-offs. 8 teams will advance to Gold, 4 teams to Silver. Tournament medals will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place in the Gold bracket.
Please send for each team entry a $225 check made out to : Charles Daub 4669 Millrock Rd New Waterford, Ohio 44445 for questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org ,cell-330-853-7438 Thanks for attending and your support . Bleacher seating only.Thank you for your interest in our tournaments. Team rosters will be downloaded from the OVR website the week of the tournament. Please make sure your coach is IMPACT certified. The tournament starts at 8:00AM sharp. Pool play is the best of three sets with rally scoring. Each non-deciding set will be to 25 points with a minimum two-point advantage (no scoring cap.) The deciding set, if needed, will be to 15 points with a minimum two point advantage (no scoring cap.) All warm-ups will use 2-4-4 format; 2 minutes shared court, 4- minutes Serving Team, 4- minutes Serve Receiving team. Teams may request the referee to tell them when to serve, usually one time. 12 team format - All first place and second place teams, plus 2 best third place teams to Gold playoffs. Remaining third place teams and all fourth place teams to Silver. The lowest seeded team in each division not playing first round on the playoffs will officiate the first playoff match. Tournament play will be the best of three sets. After the first round of the playoffs, all losing teams, before leaving, must stay and officiate the next match. Medals to gold tournament champions and gold runners- up. Please note, the doors of the playing site will not be unlocked until 7:00AM. The use of any ball outside of the gymnasium is not permitted while inside the building. Setting up tables and/or cooking by teams or their support staff, fans, coaches, or parents are prohibited at OVR- sanctioned events. A concession will be provided at the tournament site. Please NO FOOD or DRINK PERMITTED IN THE GYMS. Water or sports drinks only for players. Seating for spectators will provided in the gymnasiums. Only those teams currently playing in a match are permitted on the gymnasium floor. If the tournament is cancelled, club directors are/or coaches and officials will be contacted (phone, email) as soon as possible. Tournament cancellations will be displayed at the OVR Junior Tournament list, and entry fees will be returned ASAP.
From the document Ohio Valley Region, Inc. Procedures and Rules for
Juniors’ Regular-Season Tournaments
10.12 Team withdraws due to Covid 19 restrictions.
Tournament or Site - REQUIRED CANCELLATION
All team entry fees, in FULL, are required to be returned within 10
Team Cancellations: When a TEAM must withdraw from an event due to
required quarantine/cancellation, the following policy will be
NO REFUND of event entry fee will be required of the event host. Every
effort must be made of the event host to replace the team withdrawing
and refund of entry fee made possible.
Note: OVR rankings appearing in the following listings are intended only as a helpful tool for tournament directors. They are subject to frequent change, including after the pools are set, and other factors may also be considered when determining pools and order of play.
|Girls' 13 Regional: 3 courts (filled)|
No points shall be awarded for OVR Championships or tournaments following the OVR Championships. [OVR Juniors' Seeding System]
Officials [Hired officials: sign in for more information]
The officials' assigner for this event is Charles Daub (email@example.com, 330‑853‑7438 /h, 330‑853‑7438 /w, 330‑853‑7438 /m).
All officials needed for this event have already been hired.
- (hired) : Head Official