OVR Archives: 2020-2021 Season
OVR-Kaepa® USA Juniors' Tournament Schedule 2021
Sunday, April 25, 2021
Salem Community CenterPlex, Salem, OH
[OVR officials, club directors, assistant directors, coaches, and staff: log in for complete contact information.]
Salem Community CenterPlex
1098 N Ellsworth Ave
Salem, OH 44460
Web page: http://www.salemcommunitycenter.com/membership-2/45-about-us/29-centerplex-about
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms prior to your arrival, PLEASE STAY HOME:
- Fever of Chills
- Shortness of Breath or Difficulty Breathing
- Muscle of Body Aches
- New Loss of Taste or Smell
- Sore Throat
- Congestion of Runny Nose
- Nausea or Vomiting
If you have had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please adhere to recommended guidelines
Salem Community CenterPlex Tournament Protocols:
- Spectators are limited to one (1) per player.
- Rosters are limited to one (1) head coach, one (1) assistant coach, and one (1) COVID Coordinator per team.
- Spectators and rostered adults will receive a wristband upon entry after they check in at the appropriate table.
- There is no admission fee for spectators.
- Each team must submit a spectator roster to the Tournament COVID Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by no later
than noon the Thursday prior to the event. That spectator roster needs to include the following information: Spectator
Name, Spectator's Athlete, Athlete's Jersey #, Spectator's Phone #
- When a player's match is over and no longer playing, we ask that spectators exit the building to allow for
sanitization and the COVID Coordinator to call the next match spectators to be admitted.
- If a team is "sitting" or "officiating" we'd like the only members from that team in the facility to be athletes, coaches,
and the COVID Coordinator.
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times. Players may remove their masks when on the court, but must have them
on at all other times. Coaches, refs, and spectators must wear masks at all times. You will be asked to leaveif non-compliant.
- Everyone must enter through the front doors and exit through the back.
- Teams must bring their own warm-up balls, ball carts, electronic whistles, pens and pencils for scoring.
- Bleacher seating will be provided. No outside chairs will be permitted. If you bring in a bleacher seat it must be
kept with you throughout the day. Any unoccupied bleacher seats or blankets will be removed from the bleachers.
- Social distancing will be enforced at all times.
- Game balls, scoring tables, and chairs will be sanitized between matches. Teams will play all
games on the same side of the net. There will be no pre-game or post-game handshakes or high-fives.
- Signage will be provided concerining hygiene, physical separation, and face coverings.
- There will be frequent cleaning of high-touch areas, including railings, door knobs, and restrooms.
- There will be an on-site concession stand. There are no working drinking fountains, but a touchless water bottle
filler is available.
- There will be staggered entry times based on the playing schedule. Please see that information below.
Entry fee is $225 per team. Please write your entry fee check payable to: Infinity Volleyball Club And mail with team codes to: Infinity Volleyball Club c/o Brittany Smith
290 E 7th Street
Salem, OH 44460 Doors to the facility open at 7:30 am for athletes, coaches, and COVID Coordinators only. Coaches and COVID
Coordinators must check in upon entry.
Coaches' meeting will be held at 8:00 am on Court 1. COVID Coordinators meeting will be held at 8:00 am in the lobby. Doors to the facility open at 8:15 am for spectators of team 1 and 3 (teams playing in the first match) only. Spectators
must check in.
All remaining spectators for teams 2 and 4 (reffing and sitting teams) must remain outside the facility until your team's
COVID Coordinator directs you to come in. No outside food. A concession stand will be provided. There are no working water fountains, but a touch free water bottle
filler is available. No outside chairs allowed. Bleacher seating will be provided.
Courts 1 and 2 will be to your left as you enter the gym; Courts 3 and 4 will be to the right as you enter the gym. There will be no camping.
We ask that athletes leave their bags against the wall on the track.
If your team is on courts 1 or 2, please keep your bags against the wall beyond court 1.
If your team is on courts 3 or 4, please keep your bags against the wall beyond court 4.
No blankets, pillows, etc are allowed.
I'm sorry if this next part is confusing . . . The address is 1098 N Ellsworth Ave. Salem, OH 44460, but there are two buildings and two entrances. You'll want the Salem CenterPlex entrance, not the Salem Community Center entrance. The CenterPlex entrance is closer to 10th Street, whereas the Community Center entrance is closer to 12th Street. If we run out of parking at the CenterPlex, you can park at the Community Center, and there is a sidewalk over to the CenterPlex.
Please check back frequently for COVID-19 updates.
10.12 Team withdraws due to COVID 19 Restrictions. Tournament or Site - REQUIRED CANCELLATION
All team entry fees, in FULL, are required to be returned within 10 days. Team Cancellations: When a TEAM must
withdraw from an event due to required quarantine/cancellation, the following policy will be enforced. NO REFUND of
event entry fee will be required of the event host. Every effort must be made of the event host to replace the team
withdrwaing and refund of t entry fee made poissible. A PARTIAL REFUND may result from this effort. Many Tournament
Directors have made a "reduced entry fee proposal" to entice a late entry. The difference in cost must be returned to the withdrawn team.
Note: OVR rankings appearing in the following listings are intended only as a helpful tool for tournament directors. They are subject to frequent change, including after the pools are set, and other factors may also be considered when determining pools and order of play.
|Girls' 16 and Under: 4 courts (filled)|
No points shall be awarded for OVR Championships or tournaments following the OVR Championships. [OVR Juniors' Seeding System]
Officials [Hired officials: sign in for more information]
The officials' assigner for this event is Brittany Smith (email@example.com, 330‑429‑4867 /h, 330‑429‑4867 /m).
All officials needed for this event have already been hired.
- (hired) : Head Official